www.seakingsfemfight.com Forum Index www.seakingsfemfight.com
Seaking's Femfight Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open Letter to Producers, from the FANS: with POLL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.seakingsfemfight.com Forum Index -> Website Info
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What kind of Fight videos do you prefer?
Real Fights
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Fantasy but realistic fights
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 8

mike wilson

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seaking: Let me put it to you this way. You are talking about what you consider necessary: to " read between the lines." You are talking about something that IS NOT THERE! That does not exist except in your imagination. I am talking about WHAT IS THERE! In black and white, that does not match up with what is in color on the video. That which is there, and that which is not: which is the more valid,logical way of looking at things? In your mind, you cannot be led by what is not there. In mine, you can be misled by what is there. BY WHAT IS THERE! And the misrepresentation is there!
Seaking
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mike wilson"]Seaking: Let me put it to you this way. You are talking about what you consider necessary: to " read between the lines." You are talking about something that IS NOT THERE! That does not exist except in your imagination. I am talking about WHAT IS THERE! In black and white, that does not match up with what is in color on the video. That which is there, and that which is not: which is the more valid,logical way of looking at things? In your mind, you cannot be led by what is not there. In mine, you can be misled by what is there. BY WHAT IS THERE! And the misrepresentation is there![/quote]

I've obviously haven't seen the video so it's a moot point really..

Siffice to say people have sat up and taken notice and hopefully that should be a note to the producers out there...

Cheers
Seaking
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mike wilson"]I am glad you are not under siege. Your words on your integrity, and level of commitment, though eloquent, are far outpaced by your actions in hosting, and participating, in this out of the ordinary, serious discussion. Now, back to the raging debate.
My focus on this is more narrow than yours. I am not saying the HP video in question is "shyte". I am saying it is misrepresented by its producer. I am using this concrete example to illuminate an industry-wide problem. As Kuntekinte pointed out, it is true I have lost a lot of money being what I consider misled in this manner, and I am not just tired of it, but searching for a way to make it stop. Professoray8's insanely clever posting was even more illuminating than funny.I had a REASONABLE EXPECTATION of a different level of action than that which occured in the video. It is black and white to me, while you seek the grey area. One of us right, and one of us is wrong in this matter. Either me or HP. And while Professoray8 did not exactly use the "scientific method" I think he drove home my point with more humor and force than I could muster.
In the props where props are due department, Kuntakinte's Upton Sinclair/Pol Pot reference was not only, again, insanely clever, but made me think. I am sure a bit of both drives me. Thank you.[/quote]

Croist yer gonna make me watch this video aren't you?

All funning aside, I do hear your words and appreciate your concerns.
Markario

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Professoray8 and Academybruce Reply with quote

After reading Professoray8's piece, I am not sure I can ever feel worthy of posting again. That Hollywood lost by her own hand, with Mike Wilson sittin' and sippin', made it a parable, didn't it? What other female fighting forum makes you reach for the dictionary after reading the postings?
Damn you, Academybruce, for making that joke about me hiring Janay to wrestle herself. It keeps me awake when I am not dreaming about it. The results? Braided, blonde Janay always beats brunette Janay and redheaded Janay in the fiercest, most erotic matches imaginable. Her only loss was to blonde, ponytailed Janay, and she got off the mat spittin' mad and demanding a rematch. Which, I think, I'm inclined to grant her. Gotta go now.
mike wilson

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: To Joniar Reply with quote

This post is in response to Joniar's post in the Favorite Femfighters thread.

Joniar, look closely at the posts that you think are being overly hard on Hollywood. I think you will see they are almost invariably from her fans who, just like you, have their favorite videos featuring her, and wish to have more. More accurately, to BUY more, to spend their hard earned money on Hollywood videos. Me, I love LFF 24,61, and 37, as well as JMRolen 001. I want as many more as I can BUY that feature similar action. I can only rely on a company's promotional material to give me the REASONABLE EXPECTATION that that is what I am getting, and allow me to take a pass on those that THEY TELL ME do NOT have such action. What has caused me to blow a gasket, what has turned me into an Upton Sinclair/Pol Pot gangster, is to be misled, to have my money WASTED on material I don't want, when a company's promotional material misrepresents a product! I am tired of it, and I am going to do what I can to stop it. I am sorry that Hollywood is being made a scapegoat, a poster girl, for what is an industry-wide problem, but she is a big girl with a good reputation and a loyal fan base, and can weather this storm. It is her videos I specifically know of, and where I choose to start.
Now, for a little Pol Pot invective. Seaking, in a previous post, said this couldn't be done in a single push. Now he is saying that producers are aware of this, that this point of view is being heard. For a 48 hour period, I would call that progress. The effectiveness of a single push, physics tells us, is determined by the ammount of force applied. And what is a tsunami but a single push?

Here comes the backwash from this tsunami, Pol Pot style. I am strongly encouraging all producers to come into this forum and issue a Mission Statement that covers the type of action that they claim as a style. They need to be HONEST, and they need to be CLEAR. If you come in voluntarily, and are responsible, honest, forthright and clear, you will be treated with dignity and respect. Let the treatment of Academybruce be you guiding light. He came in, addressed the concerns of his public in the aforementioned manner, was well treated, and both sides came away the better for it. He made friends, and influenced people. But if we have to come after you, if you don't step forward when your name is called, if you are busted by the posse for deceptive practices, then all bets are off, and a SHITSTORM will reign down on you! Just ask Hollywood how it feels. You'd all best come on in and be vetted.

That is all. The march from Phnom Penh has begun.
Sgt. Slaughter

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, I am so down to join your posse (Khmer Rouge). I don't know of anyone that doesn't feel a company has taken their money under false pretenses. I pledge to be on the lookout for bad behavior, and report any and all attempts to waste consumer money on videos they don't want. Consumer rights movements rule.
Seaking
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: To Joniar Reply with quote

[quote="mike wilson"]This post is in response to Joniar's post in the Favorite Femfighters thread.

Here comes the backwash from this tsunami, Pol Pot style. I am strongly encouraging all producers to come into this forum and issue a Mission Statement that covers the type of action that they claim as a style. They need to be HONEST, and they need to be CLEAR. If you come in voluntarily, and are responsible, honest, forthright and clear, you will be treated with dignity and respect. Let the treatment of Academybruce be you guiding light. He came in, addressed the concerns of his public in the aforementioned manner, was well treated, and both sides came away the better for it. He made friends, and influenced people. But if we have to come after you, if you don't step forward when your name is called, if you are busted by the posse for deceptive practices, then all bets are off, and a SHITSTORM will reign down on you! Just ask Hollywood how it feels. You'd all best come on in and be vetted.

That is all. The march from Phnom Penh has begun.[/quote]

Remind me once again what happened to PolPot at the end?
shelflife

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Pol Pot Reply with quote

I think I can clear this up for you. He plays for the Boston Celtics. Sadly, they did not advance in the playoffs.
Seaking
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: Pol Pot Reply with quote

[quote="shelflife"]I think I can clear this up for you. He plays for the Boston Celtics. Sadly, they did not advance in the playoffs.[/quote]

lol, I think we're refering to two different Pol Pots eh? ;)
mike wilson

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Ladyfist and Producer Seaking:

You have come in voluntarily and promptly, without being called out. Therefore, you are to be treated with dignity and respect. I have much respect for and, frankly, fear of losing the support of Professoray8. Better to have him inside the tent pissing out than outside the tent pissing in, as LBJ once said of Hoover. So, unless that insanely clever fellow wishes to throw a wrench into things, you have my formal blessing and may consider yourself fully vetted. Your Mission Statement is clear, concise and honest. Consumers can trust the fact that your promotional material accurately portrays your videos. You join Academy Productions and Academybruce on the list of companies and producers that feel a responsibility to, and concern for, their customers. Congratulations!

I urge all consumers to join the Khmer Rouge posse and force video producers to come correct. Hold off on purchases from any company that has not been vetted and approved. Email any company that has not come in and tell them you are part of the posse, and that they are SOL as far as access to your credit card until they come in with their Mission Statement and go through the process.

I GIVE ALL PRODUCERS 10 DAYS TO COME IN HERE AND COME CORRECT. AFTER THAT ,THE KHMER ROUGE POSSE COMES LOOKING FOR YOU! BE DEALT WITH WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT, OR JUST BE DEALT WITH! YOUR CHOICE.

To shelflife: good one re: the Celtics. LOL
kuntakinte

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Mike Wilson:

Man, you are either more in character than Pacino in "Dog Day Afternoon" or one truly scary guy. But there is no doubt you are on to something of merit and value. So, I will take the pledge. No purchases from any company until they issue a Mission Statement and face customer questions and concerns. Never thought I would side with the Khmer Rouge. But right is right, and customers have been at the mercy of the video producers long enough. About time they answered for it.
Pissed in Palisades

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get it. You are "mad as hell, and not going to take it anymore." While a bit queasy regarding the Pol Pot Khmer Rouge symbolism, producers need to make clear whether or not they are a worthy and reliable destination for the consumer's dollar. So, I take the pledge. Seaking said it is a dollar issue, a bottom line issue, for producers. Attack the bastards where it is sure to hurt. This industry is either a partnership between consumers and producers, or it is an adversarial one. You have put the ball in the producers court.
Seaking
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mike wilson"]To Ladyfist and Producer Seaking:

You have come in voluntarily and promptly, without being called out. Therefore, you are to be treated with dignity and respect. I have much respect for and, frankly, fear of losing the support of Professoray8. Better to have him inside the tent pissing out than outside the tent pissing in, as LBJ once said of Hoover. So, unless that insanely clever fellow wishes to throw a wrench into things, you have my formal blessing and may consider yourself fully vetted. [/quote]

Did you notice that huge cattle prod leaning up against the wall next to our tents? If we notice anyone pissing IN or OUT of tents not what side of the tent wall they are standing from, we extending the prod out into the piss stream and let the sparks fly.. =) There will be no tent pissing while I'm on watch gentlemen! The smell alone.. And Hoover was 'strange' wasnt he? lol.. Anyway, sorry I digress.. I liked the analogy LBJ made.

[quote="mike wilson"]Your Mission Statement is clear, concise and honest. Consumers can trust the fact that your promotional material accurately portrays your videos. You join Academy Productions and Academybruce on the list of companies and producers that feel a responsibility to, and concern for, their customers. Congratulations!
[/quote]

It's no big deal.. I came out with that statement last year more to asuage people's fears that the gals were actually brutalizing each other for entertainment's sake! We do it so realistic in most (not all) videos that people emailed us to complain.. My only reply was "If you thought it was real, then that means we did our job well, and thanks!".

[quote="mike wilson"] I urge all consumers to join the Khmer Rouge posse and force video producers to come correct. Hold off on purchases from any company that has not been vetted and approved. Email any company that has not come in and tell them you are part of the posse, and that they are SOL as far as access to your credit card until they come in with their Mission Statement and go through the process.

I GIVE ALL PRODUCERS 10 DAYS TO COME IN HERE AND COME CORRECT. AFTER THAT ,THE KHMER ROUGE POSSE COMES LOOKING FOR YOU! BE DEALT WITH WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT, OR JUST BE DEALT WITH! YOUR CHOICE.

To shelflife: good one re: the Celtics. LOL[/quote]

Dood, see, this is where I have to slow the cart down.. You're assuming all video companies out there actually even know about the Seakingsfemfight site, let alone that we have a message board here.. You're also assuming they even have a clue as to what you're going on about as I'm sure they have better things to do with their time, like taking care of customer service and producing excellent videos.

By going it your way, you're saying that a company who doesn't know of our existance, is basically out to rip people off and are shouldn't be worthy of anyone's business. I am sure this is NOT what you're inferring to and not what you mean.. but this is what it looks like you're saying.

Vetted and approved? By whom, you? That's kinda narrowing down the grading requirements, isn't it? No offense but geesus.. think about it..

And even if a company was contacted, told of this fun you guys are having, do you honestly think they would expose themselves to such possible damage if they didn't live up to the KR rules?

It's starting to have that militant edge that turns off people, almost vigilante, really. I'm sure your intentions are good but you have to be realistic about all this. I'm not an eloquent writer but I hope you get what I am trying to say..

Cheers
mike wilson

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, Pol Pot and the KR was not original on my part. Kuntakinte put it in my head, and I decided to run with it to have some fun and to make a couple points.

The KR movement, well, they were not exactly...shy. They were intractable, they felt that things needed to undergo a seachange, and you simply could not reason with them. And one thing no one ever accused them of was lacking comittment. Plus, they were one terrifying bunch of dudes. I felt it they would provide one chilling metaphor, and an excellent vehicle for expressing anger.

There needs to be a change in the way SOME companies represent their products. Lets look at the mechanics of a purchase. That you like a CERTAIN type of content is a given. You search out a company, either on the web or at a store, if you are in a position of physical proximity. You then look at, and base your decision on, the promotional material. You look at the girls involved and their attire. Pretty cut and dried. Then you look at the written desctiption, as well as the photos on the site or box, to make your determination of the type of action. This is all you have to go on. It at this point is a matter of trust on the part of the consumer, and responsibility on the part of the producer. Some producers are not up to the task, and disappointment is the first result. Then, frustration and resentment follow. Rack up enough of the last two, and you turn into a vengeful gangster or a champion of reform. Upton Sinclair or Pol Pot can then start recruiting.

Seaking wrote "...this is what it looks like you are saying." So, you BOUGHT into it, did you? Your ability to read between the lines failed you?LOL. A misrepresentation on my part to illuminate misrepresentations of the other side. I tried my best. I am sure Professoray8 could have done it better. But it did strike a chord. Lots of people wished to join the movement, even to the point of proclaiming themselves Khmer Rouge.[/quote]
shelflife

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Mike Wilson, you did mislead and deceive me with your misrepresentation, and I did "buy" into. Now I know how you felt after buying that Hollywood video. I feel so used. Too bad, I'd never been part of a gang before.

Bottom line, Hollywood needs to come correct on this issue. She will not be seeing my credit card until she does so, and changes her practices.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.seakingsfemfight.com Forum Index -> Website Info All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: